Open challenges are trips that are organised and promoted by Ultimate Challenges. An individual can join these challenges and choose to either fundraise for a charity of their choice, or pay their own trip cost. We find both companies and charities also promote these trips if they want to be part of an exciting challenge, but don’t want the pressure of reaching the minimum number of 10 required for a bespoke trip.
We offer two different payment structures for Open Challenges*
- Contact the charity you wish to support and ensure they will cover your costs. You will need to raise the sponsorship level set by Ultimate Challenges. The balance will need to be with the charity at least 8 weeks before departure to secure your place on the trip.
- Register for your chosen challenge via our website and pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your place.
- 8 weeks before the challenges departs we will invoice your chosen charity for your expedition costs.
- The cost of your airport taxes (if applicable) will need to be paid by you, and we will invoice you directly for these.
Payment + fundraising option
- You pay the expedition and airport taxes yourself, direct to Ultimate Challenges.
- We will invoice you 8 weeks before the trip departs with the final tour costs plus airport taxes (if applicable).
- Simply choose a charity you wish to support and endeavour to raise as much sponsorship as possible for them.
*Trips with set departure dates