What type of challenge should we organise?
There are a couple of ways in which charities can get involved with overseas challenge events; either by organising your own bespoke event or by promoting our open challenges to your supporters.
Below is a little bit of information about each that should help you decide which is the most appropriate type of event for your charity.
Bespoke Challenges are fundraising events that are exclusive to one charity. We can run bespoke challenges for small and large groups. We recommended you aim to get a minimum of 10 people.
We are able to organise bespoke trips to destinations all over the world – have a look at our ‘itineraries’ section to see what we have on offer. We can also tailor trips specifically to your charity. If there is a country or area that you would like to arrange a trip to, then please just let us know and we can develop an itinerary especially for you. Alternatively, if you have a project that you would like to visit at the end of your trip, then we can arrange this too.
Open Challenges are fundraising events that are promoted by a number of charities and the people who take part can raise money for any charity that they would like. We offer a small number of Open Challenges each year.
An advantage of promoting one of our Open Challenges is that there is no financial commitment from the charity for things such as flight deposits etc. It is up to you what you promote and how you promote it.
Whichever type of challenge you decide to promote we are here to support you every step of the way. With our wealth of knowledge of the charity and travel sectors we will do all that we can to make your trip a huge success.
7 Simple Steps
There are 7 easy steps to follow to create your own bespoke overseas event.
- Browse our challenge itineraries - Would trekking, cycling, multi-activity or horse riding be the most appealing to your supporters? Long haul or short haul? Moderate, tough or very tough
- Get in touch, we've years of experience in both fundraising and event management and we're here to help! Face to face or over the phone, we'll take you through the options and get you off the ground
- Set your registration fee and minimum sponsorship amounts
- Market your event to all your supporters - old and new
- Hold an information day for your participants where they can learn more about your event and ask any questions they may have - we can be there too
- Provide a final list of participants to us 10 weeks prior to the trip
- Wave your participants off on the trip of a lifetime
How do we support you?
Here are just a few of the ways that we support our charity partners, whether you are organising a Bespoke or Open Challenge:
- We will consult with you every step of the way and provide detailed itineraries and event information, plus fantastic photos to help you promote your challenge
- We can offer advice on your marketing and promotional plans
- We will promote your charity and event with a full page on this website and feature you in our upcoming event calendar which allows participants to search for events that suit them, then contact you directly for further information
- This website is also a valuable resource for you and your participants with recommended reading, answers to FAQS, training advice, final reminders and links to further information
- We can suggest effective ways of supporting your participants through the fundraising and training process.
- We will attend and speak at briefing days
- We can organise flight extensions and holiday arrangements for people wishing to stay on after their challenge
- On the event our tour leaders will brief, encourage, motivate and support every participant and ensure the event runs smoothly, adding value to their once in a lifetime experience and your success